Wills and Estates is an area of law, which people don’t often think about. It includes documents, such as Wills and Powers of Attorney that become important only when people become ill or pass away.
The Solicitors at Macrossan & Amiet specialise in drafting these documents in our Wills and Estates Practice, giving clients full control over their assets and the important decisions made on their behalf.
A Will is an important legal document that ensures your assets are distributed according to your wishes. It enables the administration of your estate to proceed quickly and cost-effectively. Whether you need a simple will or complex Testamentary Trust, the solicitors at Macrossan & Amiet can tailor a Will for your specific needs. We recommend that you review your Will regularly. In particular we recommend that you consult with us, if any the following events occur:
- If you are over 18 years of age or are married;
- If you have recently had children;
- If you change your name or anyone named in the Will changes their name;
- If an executor dies or becomes unwilling or unsuitable to act due to ill– health, age or any other reason;
- If a beneficiary dies;
- If any specific property has been left to a specific beneficiary and you subsequently sell that property or change the property;
- If your family situation or that of a beneficiary changes for any reason (e.g. marriage, divorce, matrimonial problems, children or further children, de facto relationships);
- If you become involved in a new business, company or trust; or
- If you take up permanent residence in another State or overseas.