Qualifications & Affiliations
LLB – Director
Steven Hayles commenced employment with Macrossan & Amiet in January 2006 after completing a Bachelor of Laws degree at Townsville’s James Cook University. Steven is admitted as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia.
During his time with Macrossan & Amiet, Steven has been involved in a variety of areas of practice in which he has been able to assist our clients achieve many successful outcomes including:-
- Negotiated settlements of litigation matters including Personal Injury Claims;
- Recovering unpaid debts through court proceedings;
- Securing the withdrawal of traffic and criminal charges prior to trial through the case conferencing process with Prosecutors;
- Defending traffic charges at trial before the Magistrates Court;
- The administration of Deceased Estates including the transfer of property to beneficiaries;
- Negotiating the resolution of disputes in relation to Deceased Estates;
- Applying for and responding to claims of unfair dismissal.
Outside of work, Steven enjoys spending time with his family and is a long-time member of Norths Cricket Club.
Areas of Expertise: