After its annual meeting of Trustees on 21 August 2020, the Macrossan & Amiet Charitable Foundation held its presentation day in Mackay on 24 September to distribute a total of $71,699.40 to this year’s successful applicants.
This year marks the 25th Anniversary of the Foundation and, since its inception in 1995, a total of $783,699.00 has been distributed to organisations and charities in the region.
The recipients for 2020 were:-
- All Abilities Mackay
- Australian Street Aid Project
- Anglicare Mackay Whitsunday Region
- Carinya Care Inc.
- Engedi Limited
- Mackay Domestic Violence Resource Centre
- Mackay Surf Life Saving Club Inc.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities North Australia
- Sarina & District Community Kindergarten Assoc.
- St Paul’s Uniting Church, Mackay
- Volunteer Marine Rescue Mackay Inc.
- Volunteer Marine Rescue Whitsunday Inc.
Due to COVID restrictions this year, no group photo could be taken at the presentation, but individual photos with representatives from each of the grateful recipients were still able to be taken while following social distancing guidelines.
The Foundation makes a distribution to charities and organisations each year. Applications are required to be submitted by 30 June and distributions are made after the applications have been considered by the Trustees. Application forms can be accessed at www.macamiet.com.au.